Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wrestlemania XXX

Welcome to Wrestlemania!

With news coming out that Hulkamania will be walking as briskly as his walker allows him to all over Wrestlemania, one must ask themselves - whatcha gonna do?

Well, I'm going to make the set.

Unfortunately I don't have a great deal of time to dedicate to it, and the absence of a model of the Superdome (of usable quality) makes it very difficult. However, I am going to have a go at it.

The main focal point is an 18m high fleur-de-lys. Wrestlers enter through the base of this. Two videoboards extend out from either side. There's still a lot I want to do but it is very difficult unless I can accurately represent where everything behind the set is located. Expect though a lot of light and a lot of colour.

I apologise for how harsh the yellow lighting is - it will be toned down but I wanted to emphasise the shape of things.

Early render of the model.

First lighting test. I am pleased with how clearly apparent the fleur-de-lys is even from a distance.

Some more videoboards added.

Experimenting with some lighting tubes running along the trusses. I like it.

Angled view of the set with more lighting added.

Front on view of the set.
Feel free to provide feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment