Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Stadiony Polonia Warszawa Construction images: part two!

August 18: Working on the VIP parking lot, located to the west of the main grandstand. The Y shaped beams are inspired by the front of a building near where I live. The lighting was inspired by a photo I saw of a parking lot in Singapore. It looked cool so I used that as inspiration.

August 18: Another view of the VIP carpark

August 21: A view of the main carpark underneath the field. As you can see, I was clearly a fan of the style of the VIP carpark.

August 21: Another view of the carpark.

August 21: Texturing the facade. I intentionally opted for a rougher feel to the facade, so I chose panels and stone. I was happy with it.

August 23: The first night test of the facade lights. It was pretty painstaking putting the lights in, as the facade consisted of roughly 100 rectangular lights. For that reason, I only ever showed the facade lit up in yellow (a neutral colour in terms of the site), though it could conceivably be lit in any colour. At this point I still hadn't fixed the lighting patterns.

August 25: I installed the scoreboards at each end.

August 25: A view of the main grandstand. I started to set up the material settings at this point - you can see a reflection of the scoreboard in the glass.

August 27: Work on the stadium gym, located on the northern end of the main grandstand. With the demolition of everything inside of the facade, there was spaces available at the north and south ends to build a gym and a 25m lap pool.

August 27: Just an interior view of the venue, looking towards the north. Not a lot special about this one.

August 28: The changing rooms. These are actually located underneath the main stands, and are designed to have a bunker-like feel. Everything about the stadium was designed to be "rough".

August 29: Massing models were added to the site. A little fun fact: while I was modelling these, I watched Dr. No for the first time. This started an obsession with the Bond film franchise. By the middle of October, I had watched all of them. And to think, that all started because I was sick of struggling with James Bond in trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment