Sunday, March 4, 2018

Bramley Moore Stadium Construction images: part three!

April 17: By this point, I had modelled each of the individual structures for the concourse. The biggest issue now was fitting each of them into their spots in the stadium. Here, each of the structures is being installed between the pillars on the main stand.

April 18: Because each of these structures is very close to the wall, a lighting test was done to ensure that each structure doesn't bleed light out of the venue. As you can see, one of the structures did, leading to light messing up the facade (see the left side of the facade - there's light coming out from underneath the vertical panels.)

April 19: With that sorted, I was able to get back to putting the concourse structures in place. Here they all are in a separate file.

April 19: And a night lighting view. This stage is always one of my least favourite - it's so time consuming and painstaking to get everything right.

April 25: Work on some of the site buildings, including the club offices, two small office buildings, and a large parking structure. Getting some of the at-grade parking to sit properly in the model was incredibly difficult - for some reason, Sketchup refused to recognise the parking layout as being level with the terrain. So very frustrating when that happens.

April 25: And the night view. I added a simple emissive shader to the texture to produce this effect. If I had the chance again, I would have randomised the lit windows and added a proper graphic for the effect. I was quite pressed for time at this point, and with there being only 3 weeks until I wanted all my modelling work done, I never actually did it.

April 27: Back to the interior, this is from the work on the stadium control room. Not so fun fact - each of those laptops were extremely heavy poly models. Time constraints meant I kind of rushed through components like that and never bothered cleaning them up. They all had DVD drives inside of them!

In preparation for the next project, I've already gone and cleaned up a whole bunch of components - no wasting time trying to optimise them with a deadline looming!

April 27: I also got to work on the changing rooms, doping rooms and such. This is a shot from the media room, where interviews with players and managers takes place.

April 28: I finally sorted out the pitch models. This is a view of the football field, with artificial turf covering the athletics track.

May 2: An interior shot of the venue. I added a bunch of lights to the rear of the home stand, lighting up the wall and roof behind it.

May 2: I finally settled on a name for the venue - here it is displayed above the scoreboard!

May 4: Walls around the vomitories and concourses are erected. The gangways to connect the concourse to the seating is installed. It's also at this point that I get sick of that plain blue seating pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment