Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Bramley Moore Stadium Construction images: part four!


May 8: Underneath the plaza, a number of key site services are located underneath the plaza. These include the club shop and ticket office (seen above), a restaurant, bar, and storage facility.

May 10: I really wanted to update the seating pattern, so I went with blue into white into black. Really happy with this.

May 13: One of my own biggest concerns with this venue is the scale. This is particularly evidenced in this picture by the western end, which is rather barren and bare. In an attempt to rectify that, I copied a proxy tree from another project I was working on into the open space in the corner. It's basically just a prop but it helps make it not look so empty.

May 13: Serious thought started to go into the landscaping at the western end of the venue - I eventually settled on the OB van area, as well as a small park along the riverfront, with picnic tables, barbecues and other amenities.

May 13: I also finally did the facade on the southern stand - it really wasn't anything special.

May 13: It was a big day of work, and I also took care of all of the numbering on the entry points to the stands. To do this on every single one took well over an hour - but it's worth it as that's one of those small details that really brings the project together. Also, this is a really pretty rendering.

May 17: A pretty small update here - but I think it was a pretty valuable one. Using Google Earth, I was able to find a photograph looking across the River Mersey towards Wallasey. I cut that out (roughly) and attached it to the end of the water in the model. This had several benefits. Firstly, because the image was shot from on the site, it gives a more realistic width to the river. Secondly, it helps to position the stadium on the site and its wider context. 
May 18: Playing around with some of the HDR files I had available. Nothing serious in this one.

May 19: I finally started the texturing process on the site. A lot of brick, concrete, and wood.

May 19: A view of the upper home end concourse. I really loved that brick texture - it looked so modern and realistic.

May 19: One of my favourite shots of the whole project - walking across the gangway to the seating. Interior lights switched off (I even hid the lighting structure on the trusses). It started to feel real and homely.

No comments:

Post a Comment